For treating people with any of the following:
• You want to resolve chronic injuries.
• Your body gets painful throughout the day and you don't know why.
• You've been having treatment for pain and it doesn't really seem to be improving.
• You want your body to have the best chance of lifelong fitness.
The first stage of effectively dealing with your body is to get you to come in for a free 30 minute consultation. During this time we will discuss your current situation and the history surrounding it. We will also discuss what you want from the treatment, be that anything from being able to move around daily without pain or to return to competitive sports. I will make some key assessments of your body and tell you how I can help you move forward with your recovery process.
If, after the free consultation, you want to proceed, we can begin a course of treatment to give your body the best chance of getting the results that you want. This treatment will be formed into a process where I will:
• Restore health to your muscles/joints through various massage techniques. This enables a platform to be created so that your body can be trained to take care of itself.
To get your body taking care of itself and get you out of a treatment cycle that so many people fall into I can then:
• Create a stetch programme that does the vital job of balancing the muscle length within your body. (The importance of getting this right can not be overstated). The stretch programme will be totally unique to your body and you will be trained to get the correct technique to maximise your gains.
• Create an exercise programme that is specific to your body and its' exact needs. This will involve a programme that you can perform either at home or in the gym, depending on your situtation. Exercise technique is vital and will be taught to you so that your body is learning to stabilse itself. You will start training at a stage that is designed for your current level and this will be progressed over time as you get fitter.
For keeping your body in good health and helping it function at its best. For treating people with any of the following:
• Your body feels tired/tight.
• You've been exercising or competing hard.
• You want to prepare your body the best you can for exercise or competition.
• You've picked up an injury and you would like a treatment to help.
• You’re not sure if you want the remedial therapy option, so you want to try this out first to see if I'm the right therapist for you.
At the beginning of your first appointment we will discuss your present situation, what you are looking to achieve and performing any assessment of your body that is required (some people simply want a sports massage so this part of the process is very simple). The session will then comprise of sports massage treatment that will help you to achieve the results you are looking for.
All sessions are one hour long and charged at a rate of £50.